This PD kit supports leaders to introduce educators to:
- The evidence on the importance of oral language development for children aged 2 – 5 years
- Practical and evidence-informed strategies that can be used to support children’s oral language development.
This PD kit supports the facilitation of 3x 30 – 35 minute PD sessions designed to be delivered by a facilitator with a group of educators in ECE settings. Between each session, educators will have the opportunity to try new evidence-informed strategies.
On this page you will find:
- The PD kit guide for facilitators to support their preparation for delivery and reflect on alignment with their setting, and considerations for monitoring and embedding practice over time
- Slide decks for each session with speaking notes, discussion prompts, activities and videos
- Templates to support activities in the sessions
- Links to further resources
Guide for PD kit – Oral language in ECE with children aged 2 – 5 yearsUploaded: • 511.1 KB - pdf
Session 1: Making space for children’s talk slide deckUploaded: • 304.7 KB - powerpoint
Session 2: Curious about questions? slide deckUploaded: • 183.5 KB - powerpoint
Session 2: Experiment with questioning activity templateUploaded: • 50.8 KB - pdf
Session 3: Keep the conversation going slide deckUploaded: • 187.7 KB - powerpoint
Session 3: Reflection and rapid action plan templateUploaded: • 30.4 KB - pdf
E4L acknowledges and thanks the researchers and educators who provided input into this PD kit and resources on rich conversations and oral language development in ECE.
This PD kit and supporting materials were prepared by Evidence for Learning and are licensed under a Creative Commons licence as outlined below. Permission may be granted for derivatives, please contact Evidence for Learning for more information.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution‑NonCommercial‑NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence.