This webinar will look at practical recommendations for primary school educators and school leaders.
What you’ll learn:
- A general overview of the evidence-based recommendations for improving literacy outcomes for primary students.
- Knowledge about the latest global research on what strategies are leading to improved literacy outcomes.
- Examples of how these recommendations are being translated into the classroom in an Australian school.
- Adoption of how these recommendations can be used at a whole school and classroom level.
This webinar will be facilitated by Dr Tanya Vaughan in conversation with Professor Anne Castles from Macquarie University, Jenny Mackay, Assistant Principal from Dandenong North PS and Susannah Schoeffel from Evidence for Learning.
Webinar presentation slides – improving literacy in primary schoolUploaded: • 1.9 MB - pdf
- Guidance Report: Improving literacy in lower primary
- Guidance Report: Improving literacy in upper primary
- Teaching & Learning Toolkit: Oral language development
- Teaching & Learning Toolkit: Phonics
- Teaching & Learning Toolkit: Reading comprehension strategies
- Teacher Magazine article: Evidence informed literacy strategies to improve student’s literacy