This PD kit supports leaders to introduce educators to:
- The evidence on responding to low-mid level challenging behaviour in ECE settings with children aged 2 – 5 years.
- Practical strategies that can be used to prevent, respond in the moment and revisit challenging behaviours with children.
This PD is designed to be delivered in 3 x 35 minute sessions. Between sessions, educators will implement a new evidence-informed strategy.
On this page you will find:
- The PD kit guide for facilitators to support their preparation for delivery and reflect on alignment with their setting, and considerations for monitoring and embedding practice over time
- Slide decks for each session with speaking notes, discussion prompts, activities and videos
- Templates to support activities in the sessions
- Links to further resources.
Guide for PD kit – Supporting behaviour in ECEUploaded: • 547.8 KB - pdf
Session 1: Setting the scene slide deckUploaded: • 1.2 MB - powerpoint
Session 1: Activity templateUploaded: • 33.9 KB - pdf
Session 2: In the moment slide deckUploaded: • 1.2 MB - powerpoint
Session 2: Activity templateUploaded: • 33.7 KB - pdf
Session 3: Re-setting the scene slide deckUploaded: • 1.7 MB - powerpoint
E4L acknowledges and thanks the researchers and educators who provided input into this PD kit and resources on supporting behaviour in ECE.
This PD kit and supporting materials were prepared by Evidence for Learning and are licensed under a Creative Commons licence as outlined below. Permission may be granted for derivatives, please contact Evidence for Learning for more information.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution‑NonCommercial‑NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence.