Teaching Assistants (TAs) are an invaluable resource in Australian schools supporting teachers in the classroom, TAs are a 90,500‑strong workforce. In 2017, on average, there were 10 teaching assistants in every school.
What you’ll learn:
- Learn about what effective use of TAs can look like
- Think about how to implement a whole-school strategy around the use of TAs
- Hear from Australian schools who are implementing TAs and learn about their change process
This webinar will be facilitated by Dr Tanya Vaughan in conversation with Luke Willsmore, Head of Secondary at Emmaus Christian School, Michelle Taylor, Teaching Assistant at Emmaus Christian School, and Susannah Schoeffel from Evidence for Learning.
Webinar presentation slides – maximising the impact of teaching assistantsUploaded: • 2.3 MB - pdf
- Guidance Report: Making best use of Teaching Assistants
- Toolkit approach: Teaching Assistants
- Teacher Magazine article: Teaching Assistants in Australia
- Teacher Magazine article: The effective use of teaching assistants
- Teacher Magazine article: Implementing the evidence to maximise the impact of Teaching Assistants