This webinar will look at practical recommendations for secondary school educators and school leaders.
What you’ll learn:
- A general overview of the evidence-based recommendations for improving literacy outcomes for secondary students.
- Knowledge about the latest global research on what strategies are leading to improved literacy outcomes.
- Examples of how these recommendations are being translated into the classroom in an Australian school.
- Adoption of how these recommendations can used at a whole school and classroom level.
This webinar will be facilitated by Dr Tanya Vaughan in conversation with Dr Kate De Bruin from Monash University, Mark Clutton, Lead Teacher of English and Drama at Gungahlin College, and Susannah Schoeffel from Evidence for Learning.
Webinar presentation slides – improving secondary literacyUploaded: • 2.0 MB - pdf
Download resource Webinar presentation slides - improving secondary literacy
- Guidance Report: Improving literacy in secondary school
- Toolkit approach: Oral language development
- Toolkit approach: Phonics
- Toolkit approach: Reading comprehension strategies
- Guidance Report: Metacognition and self-regulated learning
- Article: What is Disciplinary Literacy and Why Does It Matter?
Read more aboutSupporting behaviour in early childhood education settings
Supporting behaviour in early childhood education settings
Explore research and practical strategies to support early childhood educators to respond to challenging behaviours.
Read more aboutThe latest global education evidence and how Australian school leaders are putting evidence into action
The latest global education evidence and how Australian school leaders are putting evidence into action
What does the latest global education evidence say about specific approaches and applications in teaching and learning?
Read more aboutThe mechanisms of effective Professional Development
The mechanisms of effective Professional Development
A webinar providing professional learning for educators on evidence on PD that is likely to have the most impact.
Read more aboutExploring GEMS - insights on using research evidence in schools
Exploring GEMS – insights on using research evidence in schools
A webinar providing professional learning for educators on insights from GEMS on using research evidence in schools.