In this podcast, Sir Kevan Collins the Chief Executive of the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) talks about the initiatives the EEF are taking to bring new insight and new information in education, so educators can make a better decision about what to do in their school.
In August 2018, Kevan visited Australia. Matthew Deeble, Director at Evidence for Learning, spoke with Kevan about how the EEF reached this point - through such initiatives as the development of the Teaching & Learning Toolkit, Guidance Reports, funding trials and its Research Schools Network.
Duration: 25min 11sec.
Download a copy of the transcript.
- Origins of the EEF: 0:00 - 3:11
- Teaching & Learning Toolkit: 3:11 - 8:44
- Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs): 8:44 - 15:18
- Sharing the evidence - the Literacy Octopus trial and guidance reports: 15:18 - 20:06
- Research Schools Network: 20:06 - 22:09
- Global evidence partnership: 22:09 - 25:11