Matched Funding round application process
The Learning Impact Fund will accept Matched Funding round applications from 13 February 2019 when the funding round opens, up until the closing date, 31 March 2019.
In this round we are following the purpose and processes of the Education Endowment Foundation’s (EEF) Global Trials Fund, which has some differences to previous Learning Impact Fund grant rounds.
Please ensure that you read the Matched Funding round FAQs.
- Well-defined programs with clear explanation of how they will be implemented. Can you be clear about what will happen at every stage of your intervention?
- Evidence that suggests your intervention is effective. This evidence needs to be as specific to your intervention as possible. It is a good idea to draw on the wider research literature but only if you can make a clear link back to your intervention.
- Programs that are scalable (i.e. can be replicated in schools across Australia). A program that relies on the ability of one particular teacher or developer is not scalable. Scalable programs can be delivered by other teachers and/or other organisations, and should be cost-effective.
The Learning Impact Fund Matched Funding round is only open to applicants with matched funding arrangements. Applicants will be expected to raise a match (1:1 or 50%) of the funding for the total costs of the project.
Project costs include:
- Direct costs of the program (e.g., licence/subscriptions fees, materials, training costs.
- Indirect costs to schools (e.g. teacher release, travel and training time).
- Independent evaluation costs (e.g. tests, evaluator visits, statistical analysis, reporting).
- Project management (e.g. Evidence for Learning management, reporting and promotion costs).
- In-kind contributions (e.g. covering staff costs) will be taken into account.
You do not need to have a detailed understanding of total project costs to make an application. These will be developed with you if we decide to further consider your application.
|Applications open||13 February 2019|
|Applications close||Midnight, 31 March 2019|
|Applications assessed||April 2019|
How to apply
Please read the Matched Funding round FAQs. If you are still interested in applying, send an email to email@example.com with ‘Matched Funding round’ in the subject line, along with the name of your organisation.
We will respond within three business days to arrange an initial phone call to discuss whether your program has the potential to meet our Matched Funding criteria before completing an application form. This will include some initial due diligence checks on your program. This may involve but not be limited to: program evidence, organisational capability, governance structures, funding streams and experience in managing complex contracts.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.